CLIPS AND COMMENTARY FROM CANADA'S BEST KNOWN UNDISCOVERED OLD WHITE BLUESMAN

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Winterfolkin'

It’s Winterfolk week-end (a long week-end this year) and for those not glued in front of their TV watching the Olympics, the Danforth/Broadview area will be brimming with folk music lovers...and there’s quite a bit of great blues too, including moi on the following occasions...

11pm Friday at The Willow I’ll be subbing for host Howard Gladstone at the late-night Toronto City Roots Presents in the back room. Howard Gladstone will kick it off then race off to the airport or something. The guests are Rich Burnett, Crabtree & Mills and Jessica Stewart Few.

3pm at the Dora Keogh on Sunday, Valentine’s Day, I’ll be doing a set. I just started writing a Valentine’s Day song but don’t think it’ll be finished in time. It’s called “The Woman Done Left Me Come Back Baby Blues” - maybe not so appropriate for Valentine’s...

8pm Sunday evening I’ll be downstairs hosting Colorblind Brian’s Blues Campfire with Alfie Smith, Rick Hodgson, and Rick Taylor. Gary Kendall will be sitting in on bass and maybe a few surprise guests.  They also have me down at a “Meet the Artist” thang which is the same time as the Campfire so I hope you slip in to the back room if you’d like a CD signed...

3pm Monday the 15th (Family Day!) I’ll be doing a solo set downstairs at the Black Swan.

As I look over the Winterfolk Schedule, there’s so many artists I want to see...lots of them playing at the same time as me. Oh Well. Kudos to Brian Gladstone and his team of volunteers. They do a lot with few resources

And later in the month....

Thursday, February 25th I’m back at the venerable Free Times Café at 320 College. I’m on at 8:30pm followed by Hamilton slide-meister Alfie Smith


[MOATM (Music On At The Moment) Chris Rawlings classic album “Pearl River Turnaround” with lots of familiar voices (the McGarrigles) and the sweet pedal steel sounds of the dearly departed Ron Dann] They should get Chris up to Winterfolk...he lives just down the street.