CLIPS AND COMMENTARY FROM CANADA'S BEST KNOWN UNDISCOVERED OLD WHITE BLUESMAN

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Homeroutes tour diary - Day 5





view full image


Lovin' my new Hagstrom guitar. Four shows later and it was still in tune (bringing truth to the old musician's tuning joke "It was in tune when I bought it").

At the first show of the tour I announced that it was this guitar's inaugural performance and said I would give a free CD to anyone who could come up with a name for her (Mitch Podolak, who organized this tour said I should do this routine at every show!)  I got a few suggestions... Blackie, Black Beauty, but nothing that stuck. However among the numerous comments on my Facebook post was Danny Marks' comment "Happy Hagstrumming" and I believe he has unknowingly christened this axe. 

Henceforth he/she shall be known as The Hagstrummer! (and I guess Danny gets the free CD)